Financial Loans for Assistive Technology
For Oklahomans with Disabilities
The Oklahoma Assistive Technology Foundation (OkAT) in partnership with Oklahoma ABLE Tech and BancFirst of Stillwater, can provide financing options with low interest and flexible repayment terms for Oklahomans to purchase needed assistive technology (AT) to help them live, work, and learn independently.
Qualifying purchases for the loan can be anything used as AT in any amount - large or small. Common items financed through the program include:
- Vision equipment and glasses
- Hearing equipment
- Mobility devices
- Vehicle modifications
- Daily living aids
- Durable medical equipment
- Communication devices
- iPads for specialized use
- Lift chairs
- Home modifications
- Smarthome technology
- Fixed low interest rate for the life of the loan
- Easy, flexible repayment terms
- Can be used to cover co-pays
- Payment made directly to the vendor
- Special qualifying terms for applicants who have limited income due to a disability-related circumstance
What are the Loan Terms?
OkAT, ABLE Tech, and BancFirst, together, are able to provide a variety of lending products to meet consumer's needs. This program is an 8% interest rate loan with flexible lending criteria that can be repaid up to 36-60 months depending on the item purchased.
Based on funding availability, the loan will either be processed directly with the nonprofit or through the banking partner, BancFirst of Stillwater. Funding priority at the nonprofit will be given to applicants with low income. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) will be 8% for a loan directly through the nonprofit and will vary for BancFirst loans due to loan documentation fees. Loan requests denied by BancFirst will be reviewed by the nonprofit for eligibility for a loan guaranty by the nonprofit.
- AT equipment loan – this loan can be repaid over a term of up to 5 years depending on the AT purchased. There is no minimum or maximum loan amount and it can be used for AT or medical equipment.
- Microloan – this loan has a maximum loan amount of $3,000 and can be repaid over a term of up to 3 years. This product offers additional credit flexibility and applicants that do not qualify for the AT equipment loan may qualify for this product.
- Home accessibility modification loan – this loan can be used for home modifications to improve accessibility such as ramps, bathroom modifications, or smart home technology. The maximum loan amount is $25,000 and the maximum term is 5-7 years.
How Do I Apply?
Oklahoma ABLE Tech and the Oklahoma Assistive Technology Foundation (OkAT) work collaboratively to provide improved access to and acquisition of needed assistive technology (A.T.) for individuals with disabilities of all ages. This is provided through financial loans, alternative funding resources, and financial education.
This loan provides low-interest rates, more flexible underwriting guidelines and repayment terms than do most consumer credit loans, and provides alternative banking options for individuals with limited income or damaged credit due to medical conditions.
If you have any questions, please call 800-257-1705, 405-744-4254, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply online where you can start your application and, if needed, suspend and then resume your entries, then Submit.
- Download and complete the OkAT Application for Credit (PDF).
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact us at 800-257-1705, 405-744-4254, or email us at email@example.com. Once it is completed, please send it to:
601 S. Washington #282
Stillwater, OK 74074
or FAX to 405-744-2487
Financial loans for assistive technology and employment are provided by Oklahoma ABLE Tech, in partnership with the Oklahoma Assistive Technology Foundation (OkAT). Our banking partner on loans is BancFirst of Stillwater. All applications can be sent to the address above.
Financial Education Fact Sheets
Spending and Saving
Money Values & Influence
Managing Your Debt
High Cost Debt Traps
Should I Apply?
I can't qualify for a financial loan because I had to file bankruptcy due to medical expenses.
A bankruptcy due to medical-related expenses will not necessarily disqualify you from the program. Our non-profit partner will review your application for special guaranty consideration. Applicants are reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine their ability to make monthly loan payments based on income and monthly expenses.
I need a modified vehicle and don't know what my options are.
This loan can be used to purchase a new or used modified vehicle or to acquire funding to modify your current vehicle. It may also be used to fill the gap with other public or private funding sources, such as the Department of Rehabilitation Services or Developmental Disability Services.
My insurance out-of-pocket / co-pay for my prescribed durable medical equipment is more than I can afford.
This loan can assist with medical co-pays and/or deductibles for equipment that is considered assistive technology. A quote or invoice for your portion of the cost is required with your application; if approved, payment will be made to the vendor.